While the weather doesn’t exactly lend itself to a campfire right now, it is officially fire season in Alberta.
If you live or work in the Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87 and wish to conduct any burning, you must first obtain a permit from a Fire Guardian or should you live in the Alberta Forest Protection Area, from your Sustainable Resource Development Office. There is no charge for the permit.
Contact information for each area is below:
Rollie Inman(*) 780-812-5865 Cell
• Division 1, 2 and 4
• East side of Moose Lake
• West side of Muriel Lake
• Crown Land in the Moose Lake area.
George Kostiniuk 780-201-4453 Cell
• Division 3 – West of Hoselaw
• Division 3 – South of Twp 62
Bob Highberg 780-573-8603 Cell
• Division 5 and South of
Highway 28 to Hwy 659 and
Twp 63, Rge 2 in Division 6
• Fort Kent and Ardmore
Dwight Retzlaff 780-594-2019 Home
• Division 6, Except for Twp 63, Rge 2
(*) Indicates Divisions with Alberta Forest Protection Management Areas also.
• Sustainable Resource Development 826-5608
(In the Bonnyville Provincial Building)
• Fire Dispatch Centre Non-Emergency Line (780) 826-7446