Are you good at naming things? Would you say giving places nice sounding names is something you’re passionate about? Do you live in the town or MD of Bonnyville? If so, a great opportunity to serve your community has come up.
The town is looking for more volunteers to join its naming committee. The committee is in charge of giving local neighbourhoods, parks, government buildings and more the names they’ll be called by for generations to come. Usually, they’re named after a prominent local figure. The committee uses the following criteria when coming up with a name.
- contributions to the community, province or country
- compliments the municipality’s mission, vision and values
- financial contribution
- the potential to invoke pride, tradition or innovation
- a person who volunteers and gives extraordinary help or care to individuals, families orgroups, or supports community services or humanitarian causes
- a person who achieves a deed or activity performed in an outstanding professional manner of an uncommonly high standard that brings considerable benefit or great honour to the Town of Bonnyville, Province of Alberta or Canada
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, the deadline to apply is by September 21st. Send a Resume to:
Mr. Mark Power, CLGM
Chief Administrative Officer
Town of Bonnyville
Bag 1006, Bonnyville, AB T9N 2J7
Email: [email protected]