Listen Live

HomeUncategorized$1 million gift from Lakeland alumnus Bill Robinson to boost student support,...

$1 million gift from Lakeland alumnus Bill Robinson to boost student support, campus farm

Lakeland College is celebrating what they’re calling a transformative $1 million donation from alumnus Bill Robinson of Vermillion. The generous gift is set to enhance student support and strengthen the campus farm.

Half of Robinson’s donation will establish an endowment, providing financial assistance through bursaries for first-year students attending full-time, in-person studies at the Vermillion campus. The remaining half will be allocated to bolster beef cattle initiatives, focusing on campus farm improvements and applied research projects.

A proud graduate of the 2-in-1 Agriculture program in 1958, Robinson, later returned to Lakeland 30 years after graduation to pursue electrical training. His family legacy at Lakeland includes his father, Lyle, a 1927 graduate, and his mother, Annabel, who served as the Dean of Women for three years.

Expressing his deep connection to Lakeland, Robinson stated, “The college has been a big part of our family for years. I hope that this gift will help the college continue to grow, while also providing funding support to the students who need it most so they can attend the college and get a great education.”

- Advertisement -

Reflecting on his time at Lakeland, Robinson considers it among the best moments of his life, emphasizing the valuable lessons learned and the close connections forged with classmates.

Dr. Alice Wainwright-Stewart, President and CEO of Lakeland College, thanked Robinson for his generous gift and ongoing support.

“Bill’s generosity will help us continue to modernize our campus farm, which is used by our more than 650 agricultural sciences students as well as applied research staff,” says Wainwright-Stewart.

“In addition, the Bill Robinson Bursary will help remove financial barriers for many students, creating greater access to a Lakeland College education. Bills got a big heart, and he cares deeply about our college, our current and future students, and our community. We are so appreciative of his amazing support.”

In recognition of Robinson’s significant contribution, Lakeland College has named a 150-seat classroom in the WHT Mead Building at the Vermilion campus the Lyle and Annabel Robinson Lecture Theatre, honoring his parents.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading