Alberta Health Services is trying to warn away people from swimming at Kinosoo Beach after high levels of fecal bacteria were found in the water. In a release Wednesday, AHS says their tests of the waters found high levels of the bacteria, which can cause gastrointestinal illness if ingested and pink eye and infections on skin contact.
The advisory will stay in effect until the readings drop to acceptable levels. AHS says they are going to continue monitoring the water and taking tests before they give the all-clear.
More information on the notice is at the AHS website.