Listen Live

HomeNewsLCSD Receives a $10 000 Grant from Devon Energy

LCSD Receives a $10 000 Grant from Devon Energy

Lakeland Catholic School District (LCSD) has received $10 000 from Devon Energy Corporation. The grant, which is part of The Devon Science Giants Program, will be split between two of Lakeland Catholic’s schools, Notre Dame High School in Bonnyville and Assumption Junior Senior High in Cold Lake, for a water studies program.

Amanda Wildman, Communications Officer for Lakeland Catholic School District explains the funding, “students in our schools are now going to have many more opportunities to participate in highly engaging and hands-on learning opportunities.” Thanks to the grant, Wildman says, “they will be using a variety of technologies including pasco testing probes.” Wildman says the technology is very versatile, “they will be able to do a variety of testing both in the field and in the classroom.”

To expand students learning even further, Wildman says the technology has Bluetooth availability which will allow students to learn in any environment, “there is a lot of power in the fact that there is Bluetooth connectivity with the sensors, and the students will be able to collect the data on tablets, both in the class and in the field.”

Wildman says of the technology, “it is really innovated, it’s cutting-edge, and we’re truly thankful to Devon Canada to helping support these programs in our schools.” Wildman continues to thank Devon, “on behalf of of all the students and staff at Notre Dame High School and Assumption Jr/Sr High School, I would like to thank Devon Canada for sponsoring our science programs, through The Science Giants Program.”

- Advertisement -

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading