â–º Listen Live

HomeNewsOdie's Challenge a Huge Success!

Odie’s Challenge a Huge Success!

Odie’s Challenge Hockey Game was BIG success! Cst. GUILBEAULT and the Bonnyville RCMP Detachment would like to give a BIG thank you to the community for their support! A large number of food donations came in for the Bonnyville Food Bank with more still coming in from the high schools. Bonnyville Victim Services received an amazing amount of cash donations totaling over $1,100.00. The RCMP Members truly enjoyed playing in this event and we were happy to see all the students in the stands! Odie had a great time dropping the puck and greeting smiling faces.

Cst. GUILBEAULT and Cst. CARROLL met with the participating students from Notre Dame High School, Ecole Des Beaux-Lacs and Bonnyville Centralized High School after the game and thanked each of them personally. Youth are our future and it’s import to keep a good positive relationship between the youth and the local RCMP. Each student was awarded with a wrist band stating “Maintain the Right”, an english version of the RCMP motto “Maintiens le Droit” challenging the students to keep on the straight and narrow and uphold the law.
A big thank you to REMAX Bonnyville Realty for their cash donation and lending their trailer for the event!

The game ended in a 8-8 tie which was a perfect ending! While the RCMP Team had quite the lead over the students in the beginning, it seems that the youth had an energetic upper hand and were able to tie the score! Good job teams!

Cst. Laura CARROLL was happy to meet many students and people from the community during the hockey game! She notice many fans taking pictures and would like photos e-mailed to her as an RCMP keepsake.  Please send your photos in to [email protected]

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading