â–º Listen Live

HomeNewsEnsign Energy Donates a Working Service Rig to NLSD

Ensign Energy Donates a Working Service Rig to NLSD

Ensign Energy has officially gifted Northern Lights School Division with a service rig. Ensign has been working with Northern Lights School Division to launch the first ever Service Rig Training course tailored for high school students.

Nicole Garner, Communications Officer for the school division, says the rig was a gift from Ensign. “We actually have the keys now,” says Garner with excitement in her voice, “it’s ready to go to our service rig training centre.” The rig, known as Aurora #69, is a vital part of the program that will give students hands on experience.

The training centre needs a few more steps before students can start their hands-on training. The land, which was donated The Town of Bonnyville, still needs some development before it is ready for students.

The classroom aspect of the course is running with two students from Bonnyville Centralized High School, enrolled in the program. The classroom also includes a service rig simulator program is now being piloted at BCHS, Glendon, Ecole Plamondon High School as well as Standard High School which is the Golden Hills division. The hope is to have full classes will be enrolled by the fall, with the ability to use the training centre. There are also plans to expand the program to other school districts in the area.

- Advertisement -

Rig Course

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading