Listen Live

HomeNewsNorthern Lights Science Olympics April 3rd

Northern Lights Science Olympics April 3rd

In just nine days, students in grades 6 to 9 will put their teamwork, problem-solving, creativity, and STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) skills to the test at the Northern Lights Public Schools Science Olympics.

Over 350 students from throughout the school division will gather at the Bold Center in Lac La Biche on April 3rd, prepared to compete in an interactive science competition where they will have to work in teams to come up with solutions to a series of challenges.

“Science Olympics is an amazing opportunity for our students,” said Board Chair Mandi Skogen. “They get to take everything they have learned at school and work together to create something and solve a problem. It’s so much fun to watch them focus on the challenges and see how excited they are to compete.”

The 2017 Northern Lights Public Schools Science Olympics will take place at the Bold Centre from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. There will be a public viewing area available for anyone who wants to observe the event. Spectators will not be allowed on the competition floor.

- Advertisement -

This year’s event requires many volunteers to assist with judging, setting up the challenges for students, and other tasks on the day of the event. “Local businesses, community groups and individuals have very generously dedicated their time and energy to help make this event a success,” said Skogen. “We can’t thank them enough for taking the time to help us provide this amazing experience for our students.”

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading