The smoke has cleared but the smell still lingers in the executive office area and theatre after a small fire at Portage College Lac La Biche Tuesday night.
The fire department was called just a bit before 9 PM. When they arrived they determined the source of the smoke was a busted air supply motor that had seized up. The fan services Block B of the campus, which includes the Executive, Theatre and Library. Once the fire alarm was pulled, the air flow to the college shut down automatically, preventing the fire from spreading and keeping it to a few sections of the college. Fortunately, there were no injuries reported or damage of note to the building.
The theatre will be closed, but the College will be open today. Those who have sensitivities may consider staying away from those areas if they decide to come in.