â–º Listen Live

HomeNewsPortage College Makes Some Noise For Mental Health, Gets Proclamation From Lac...

Portage College Makes Some Noise For Mental Health, Gets Proclamation From Lac La Biche

Portage College is dedicating this week to raising awareness of mental health issues by making some noise.

Volunteers are trying to hit up all seven of the college’s campuses this week to pass around some noisemakers and cookies, and to promote discussion on mental health as part of Make Some Noise For Mental Health Week. The initiative is spearheaded by the Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference, and all its member schools are participating.

“We’re trying to get everybody involved and build awareness, encourage conversation, open-mindedness, as well as better promote resources for our students and staff.” says Communications manager with the college, Jaime Davies.

The group has already gone to St. Paul, Saddle Lake, Frog Lake and Lac La Biche and will be in Cold Lake on Thursday.

- Advertisement -

The college has managed to expand their efforts beyond the campus walls as well. A delegation of staff and students went to this morning’s council meeting in Lac La Biche, where Mayor Omer Moghrabi officially proclaimed this week Make Some Noise for Mental Health Week

“WHEREAS the Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference is promoting mental health awareness, empathy and support through the Make Some Noise for Mental Health campaign; and WHEREAS Lac La Biche County recognizes the importance of reducing stigmas and encouraging supports for mental health for students and for all community members; THEREFORE I, Mayor Omer Moghrabi, do hereby proclaim Make Some Noise for Mental Health Week in Lac La Biche County.”

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading