Listen Live

HomeNewsSarah Adil Junior Citizen of the Year Recipient

Sarah Adil Junior Citizen of the Year Recipient

Sarah Adil has been named the first recipient of the the Junior Citizen of the Year as partof the Lac La Biche Firefighter’s Society annual Santa’s Helpers campaign.

The Grade 11 student from J.A. Williams High School is very involved in her community. She is a representative of the Student’s Union and is a part of the Leadership Club. She’s also been a student representative of Northern Lights Public Schools at the Annual Fall Conference of the Public School Boards’ Association of Alberta. When not going above and beyond at school, she has taught Arabic and Islamic Studies to children at the Al Kareem Mosque for two summers. She has also volunteered her time at the Lac La Biche Regional Museum and Discovery Center, the Bold Center Spring Festival, Big Brothers Big Sisters, William J. Cadzow Healthcare Centre, and helped at the Bold Center during the wildfire evacuation of Fort McMurray and Wood Buffalo.

Head of the Light up the Night Santa Claus Parade committee, Chris Clark, says the award is all about giving back to the community. “As a volunteer organization who strives to make our community a better place, it was important to us to select someone who does the same,” Clark said.

As Junior Citizen of the Year, on December 2nd, Sarah will get to ride witSanta in the parade and receive recognition from Lac La Biche County Mayor Omer Moghrabi

- Advertisement -

Santa’s Helpers is part of the Firefighter’s Society and raises money and collects toys each Christmas. Toy and food hampers are then given out to families in need.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading