Listen Live

HomeNewsLakeland College 2023 graduates walk the stage

Lakeland College 2023 graduates walk the stage

Students have crossed the stage as the final of three convocation ceremonies wraps up at Lakeland College.  

The convocation ceremonies were hosted on both the Lloydminster and Vermilion campuses. Dr. Alice Wainwright-Stewart, president and CEO of Lakeland College says convocation is such an amazing, bittersweet time. 

“We’re celebrating our students’ and their accomplishments and saying goodbye at the same time. I’m so proud of all the Class of 2023 has accomplished and can’t wait to see what they do next. Welcome to the Lakeland alumni family.” 

On May 26, Lakeland celebrated 130 graduates from the business, energy, university transfer, health and wellness and foundational learning programs. 

- Advertisement -

Then on June 2, it was Vermilion campus’ turn as 366 graduates from agricultural sciences, human services, interior design, environmental sciences, and fire and emergency services walked the stage in two ceremonies. 

This year, Lakeland honoured Class of 1997’s Marilyn Young with the Distinguished Alumni Award for her pioneering work in Lloydminster’s business and volunteer community. Judy Sweet was also recognized with the Distinguished Citizen award and given an honourary bachelor of agriculture technology. 

One student is chosen from each campus to receive the President’s Medal, Lakeland’s highest honour. The award recognizes those who have made significant impacts on the Lakeland community through leadership and other initiatives. 

This year’s Lloydminster recipient was general business graduate Andi Raisa Noor Tabusalla and Vermilion’s award was given to environmental sciences diploma graduate Nathaniel Hak. 

Finally, The Governor General Academic Award was presented to the student with the highest GPA with business administration student Dominic Skibba receiving the award for Lloydminster while The Vermilion recipient will be announced later in the summer after practicums finish.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading