Listen Live

HomeNewsCenovus donates to supports Indigenous learners at Lakeland College

Cenovus donates to supports Indigenous learners at Lakeland College

Cenovus Energy has announced a $650,000 donation to support Indigenous student success programs at Lakeland College.

The investment looks to assist Indigenous students throughout their college journey all the way through graduating and joining the workforce.

Doreen Cole, Cenovus Senior Vice-President, Downstream Manufacturing says this is an investment not only in the industry and in the province and its future workforce, but most of all an investment in the students.

“Cenovus is committed to Indigenous reconciliation and self-sufficiency, especially when it comes to preparing Indigenous youth for the future.”

- Advertisement -

On-campus Indigenous supports funded by this donation will include learner success resourcing, employment skills, alumni mentorship and engagement, Elder-in-residence programs and cultural programming. The donation will also support essential financial aid and student emergency funding.

Dr. Alice Wainwright-Stewart, president and CEO of Lakeland says Cenovus Energy’s gift will help strengthen programming and student success resources to help Indigenous students

“We strive to ensure that Lakeland is always a supportive, inclusive environment for all of our students. Cenovus shares this commitment to inclusivity with us and have come forward with this amazing gift. We are always appreciative of Cenovus’ support.”

Cenovus has supported the student awards program since 2013 and was a major contributor to the college’s Energy Centre, which includes the Cenovus Energy Lab on the Lloydminster campus. Cenovus has also been the title sponsor for Feast on the Farm for the second year.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading