A crashed abandoned truck was found in the area of Dumasfield Park
RCMP found the truck on November 13, at 3:30 am, and initiated an investigation into the incident leading officials to believe the truck had been stolen several minutes earlier from a residence located in the 9100 block of 95 Street. It is believed the truck was left unlocked with the keys inside.
While on the scene, RCMP was notified by another resident in the same area that their unlocked vehicle had been entered and rummaged through but nothing had been stolen.
The following morning, Lac La Biche RCMP received multiple reports of unlocked vehicles being rummaged through in the 9100 block of 93 Street. Again, all vehicles had been left unlocked and nothing was stolen.
Lac La Biche RCMP would like to remind County residents of some tips to keep their vehicles safe:
- If possible, look into command start options as a means to warm your vehicle
- Steering wheel locking devices are effective options that can help mitigate theft
- When starting your car, or allowing the engine to warm up prior to driving, ensure that you are in the vehicle
- Never leave valuable items like purses, wallets, keys or change in an unoccupied vehicle
- Always place keys to vehicles in a safe place, out of plain sight and in a secure location
- Lock vehicle doors all the time, even if you are parked in your driveway or garage at home
- Never leave your vehicle unattended if it is running or the keys are in it
Anyone with information in relation to this incident and identifying those responsible is asked to contact Lac La Biche RCMP at 780-404-2500 or your local police.