Two women had their vehicle stolen after a man pointed a firearm at the two victims.
St. Paul RCMP received a 911 call on October 19th around 10:00 p.m. for the robbery with a firearm near 4921 55 Avenue. The suspect approached the two women and pulled a firearm from his sleeve and pointed it at the two victims and drove off.
The vehicle and the firearm were found after RCMP patrolled around with Police Dog Services. A male approached one of the officers, and after determining he was the suspect, was arrested.
Kyle Joseph Laboucane resident of Heinsburg, Alta. is being charged with numerous charges including the following:
- Possession of restricted firearm with ammo without license
- Possession of a firearm when knowing possession is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm or restricted weapon
- Carrying concealed weapon
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
- Pointing a firearm (x2)
- Using firearm in the commission of an offence
- Robbery with firearm for criminal organization
- Operation while prohibited (x2)
- Dangerous operation of motor vehicle
- Weapons possession contrary to order and fail to surrender authorization (x2)
Following a judicial hearing, Kyle Laboucane’s matters were adjourned until Nov. 3, 2022 in St. Paul court.