Listen Live

HomeNewsSynergy Credit Union donates $150K to modernization WHT Mead

Synergy Credit Union donates $150K to modernization WHT Mead

Synergy Credit Union is contributing $150,000 to the rejuvenation of the WHT Mead Building at Lakeland College’s Vermilion campus.

This donation will help ensure students and future leaders of collaborative spaces have what they need to learn, lead, and manage.

The newly reopened WHT Mead Building is home to more than 600 agricultural sciences students with more expected soon.

Dr. Alice Wainwright-Stewart, president, and CEO of Lakeland College says Synergy Credit Union is investing in the students and the future of the region.

- Advertisement -

“Their gift ensures that Lakeland students learn in a modernized environment that encourages innovation and excellence. We appreciate Synergy’s continued support of Lakeland and our students and alumni.”

In recognition of Synergy’s gift, a lecture hall in the WHT Mead Building has been named the Synergy Credit Union Lecture Theatre.

Glenn Stang, Synergy CEO says they are honoured to support Lakeland College.

“Attracting and retaining a talented workforce is a key driver of economic development. Lakeland College plays an integral role in educating and developing leaders of the future to aid in the long-term sustainability of the communities Synergy serves.”

Synergy has supported Lakeland College since 1993 with Capital projects, student awards, and events such as Feast on the Farm and Rustlers Golf Tournament.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading