â–º Listen Live

HomeNewsNLPS announces timeline for Cold Lake school configuration

NLPS announces timeline for Cold Lake school configuration

The Northern Lights Public School board says they’ve figured out what changes will come starting this fall for Cold Lake schools as they continue with a new configuration.

On Wednesday the school board announced that only one change will happen for the 2021-2022 school year.

“Students who are currently in Grade 3 at North Star Elementary School will remain at the school next year. North Star will become a K to 4 school for 2021-2022 and Cold Lake Middle School will become a grades 5 to 8 school. All other schools will retain their current configuration,” said the board in a release.  

The board expects more slight changes to occur in 2022-2023.

- Advertisement -

“Cold Lake High School will become a grade 10 to 12 school, with all Grade 9 students attending Cold Lake Middle School, which will be a grades 6 to 9 school that year. North Star will become a K to 5 school. Cold Lake Elementary School will become a K to 3 school and Grade 4 students in the north will attend Nelson Heights, which will become a K to 7 school.”

The final form will see North Star Elementary become a Kindergarten to Grade 6 school (currently K to 3), Cold Elementary will become a Kindergarten to Grade 3 school (currently K to 4), Nelson Heights will become a grades 4 to 6 school (currently 5 to 8), Cold Lake Middle School will become a grades 7 to 9 school (currently 4 to 8), Cold Lake High will become a grades 10-12 school (currently 9 to 12). That’s expected to happen by 2023-2024.

“Art Smith Aviation Academy will retain its current Kindergarten to Grade 8 configuration, as long as enrolments do not exceed the capacity of the school.”

The board says questions parents may have can be addressed to their children’s school.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading