Listen Live

HomeNewsHVAC unit to blame in Furniture Galaxy fire: BFRA

HVAC unit to blame in Furniture Galaxy fire: BFRA

No one was hurt in the Sunday evening fire at the Furniture Galaxy in Bonnyville says the Bonnyville Regional Fire Authority. Fire officials say they were called out to the 46th Street and 50th Avenue business at around 9 pm. BRFA Regional Fire Chief Jay Melvin says the investigation into the fire is early but officials believe a heating and air conditioning unit was to blame.

“All we know based on a preliminary investigation is that there was a fire with an HVAC unit on the roof of the building.”

Fire crews were able to battle the blaze in the HVAC unit before it spread into the building. Melvin says the quick work helped to keep the damage minor to the building itself.

“We were able to get on it fairly quickly and minimize the damage to the inside to just some smoke.”

On Monday staff at Furniture Galaxy released a Facebook video explaining the situation.

- Advertisement -

The store will remain closed “until further notice” says Furniture Galaxy.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading