â–º Listen Live

HomeNewsThe Fine Arts are Important to LCSD

The Fine Arts are Important to LCSD

Lakeland Catholic School District (LCSD) Supports the Fine Arts in its Schools. Offering a multitude of arts programs and allowing students to explore creativity is important to the school district.

Amanda Wildman, Communications Officer for LCSD, confirms the District’s position, “fine arts across our district is really a focus for our schools.” Wildman says the focus has proven to produce great talent, “we have some really, incredibly talented young artists in our schools.”

Wildman says there are many options for young performers, “our schools are offering everything from musical performances, to musical theatre products, to band programs and art.” This helps develop students, “through the fine arts are students are really able to explore their creative sides and really excel.”

Wilman says academics is certainly a major part of education, but LCSD wants to round out the students with the hands-on side of learning. “We try to emphasize our academics, ” Wildman explains, “but we also look at emphasizing fine arts and career & technical studies and dual credit (programming).”

- Advertisement -

One of the shinning examples of focusing on the fine arts is the famous “Brosseau-lations Theatre”. Dr. Brosseau Middle School in Bonnyville will be holding their dinner theatre tonight, June 10th, 2015. The dinner theatre has become one of the crown jewels of Dr. B’s school year. It is always well-received by the community. Wildman says students take the performance very seriously, “the students have been working really hard this year, and they’re excited to be able to share their production.” Wildman says the dinner theatre will not disappoint, “there is a lot of work and dedication involved.”  Tickets will be available at the door for Little Mermaid Junior The Musical.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading