Listen Live

HomeNewsReminder: Bring ID to Municipal Election

Reminder: Bring ID to Municipal Election

If you want to vote in the upcoming municipal elections on Monday, you’ll have to bring ID and proof that you live in the municipality with you.

Fortunately, you have a lot of options for that. Any of the following items with your name and address on them will work:

• Photo identification issued by a Canadian government or agency, whether federal, provincial or local;
• Bank/credit card statement or personal cheque;
• Correspondence issued by a school, college or university;
• Government cheque or cheque stub;
• Income/property tax assessment notice;
• Insurance policy or coverage card;
• Letter from a public curator, public guardian or public trustee;
• Pension Plan statement of benefits, contributions or participation;
• Residential lease or mortgage statement;
• Statement of government benefits: e.g. Employment insurance, old-age security, social assistance, disability
support, or child tax benefit;
• Utility bill: e.g. Telephone, public utilities commission, television, electricity, gas or water;
• Vehicle ownership, registration or insurance certificate; or
• A letter or form (attestation) confirming that the person lives at the stated address. The letter can be signed
by any of the following:
• authorized representative of a commercial property management company;
• authorized representative of a correctional institution;
• authorized representative of a first nations band or reserve;
• authorized representative of a post-secondary institution;
• authorized representative of a facility that provides services to the homeless; or
• authorized representative of a supportive living facility or treatment centre
For additional information please g

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading