The MD of Bonnyville has issued a plea encouraging residents to go out and vote in the October municipal election.
“Citizens across Alberta will be voting in municipal elections on Monday, October 16. In the past, voter turnout for municipal elections has been low,” the statement reads. “The M.D. of Bonnyville wants to encourage voters to turnout for this year’s municipal election by offering increased voting options.”
Nominations will close at noon on Monday, September 18th with the official candidates announced the following day. The MD will then provide Special Ballots that must be returned by 4 p.m. on Election Day. At this time, you can request a Special Ballot to be mailed out to you after the official candidates are announced.
An Advanced Poll will be set up from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, October 5th in the M.D. of Bonnyville Administration Office (4905-50 Avenue) for residents who can’t make it out to the polls on October 16.
Fifteen voting station locations will open up on Election Day and run from 10 AM to 8 PM. The locations haven’t been finalized yet and won’t be until after the candidates are announced, but the rough draft of sorts for them is as follows:
- Ward 1 – Beaverdam Hall, Fort Kent Seniors Hall, Bonnyville Seniors’ Drop-In Centre
- Ward 2 – Eastbourne Community Hall, Shaw House, Bonnyville Seniors’ Drop-In Centre
- Ward 3 – Flat Lake Hall, Goodridge Jubilee Hall, Glendon RCMP Hall
- Ward 4 – Lessard Community Hall, Willow Prairie Community Hall, Bonnyville Senior Drop-In Centre
- Ward 5 – Ardmore Senior Citizens Club, Alexander Hall, Riverhurst Hall
- Ward 6 – Cold Lake Energy Centre, Cherry Grove Hall
We will update you on the election results as they are announced.